2. The information we collect
We store personal data on individuals and companies with whom we have dealings; including staff, partners, suppliers, valuation and other clients, and buyers and sellers both trade and private individuals. The information includes names, addresses, post-codes, phone numbers, email addresses, and in some cases bank account and taxation details (limited to employees and partners), details of proof of identity, ownership of goods offered for sale including descriptions, provenance, images of goods offered for sale.
3. Reasons for holding information
- Record keeping for Taxation; PAYE, pensions and NI for employees and partners.
- Provision against money laundering to confirm our compliance with cash limits and to enable us to assist authorities in relation to tax, money laundering and theft investigations where asked to provide information.
- To combat fraud and forgery unlimited by time.
- Details of goods sold for accounting purposes and for Tax and VAT.
- We have to retain details of clients and valuations for our insurers in the event of claims for professional negligence.
- Ownership details. Required for retention for an unlimited period (ie against title claims.)
- Details of and images of goods required for transactional record purposes to go in catalogues and online on our website and other third party auction platforms.
- Marketing and advising buyers of goods coming up for sale which they may be interested in as traders or collectors.
- Bank details of staff, partners, suppliers, buyers and sellers on third party bank website principally for recurring payments
4. How information is stored
All main contact details, lot descriptions and images are held on a third party bank website, accessible to selected staff (password protected). Our web platform securely holds data relating to customer email addresses and billing and shipping addresses. These are all stored behind a secure socket layer certificate (SSL) and can only be accessed by senior staff administrators (password protected).
All staff computers are password protected to the individual user.
It is essential for the efficient running of the business for all staff to have free and quick access to computers where data is stored in the office.
In consultation with IT specialists, we are constantly reviewing and monitoring the security of our data and protection to our business level server. All computers have anti-virus software installed.
All data collected for marketing purposes is directly from customers who create an account with us either in person or online on our website. We also offer the facility for customers to select specific marketing emails in certain areas.
Information is collected from you when you register with us, or when you contribute to or use some of the advanced features on the site. The information we collect is clearly set out on the web page on which we collect it.
We only collect credit card information in order to process transactions using a third-party solution. Hidden does not retain any customer credit card information.
We may collect mobile phone numbers for the purpose of verifying an individual; we do not use them for any other purpose.
We collect email address information at the point of registration and explain fully how we may use that in future to communicate with you on bidding, invoicing, payment and relevant marketing communications. You can opt-out of these communications at any time using the unsubscribe link on any marketing email.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server - a device where one or more websites are stored - to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the web server each time the web browser requests a page from the webserver. This enables the webserver to identify and track the web browser and provide richer user experiences for visitors to a web site.
Our website is powered by Moonfruit. By default, our CMS automatically installs a cookie into your web browser as soon as you visit this website. Below, this cookie is referred to as a "session" cookie; that means, the cookie lasts only as long as your current session when using our website.
We may install and use various plugins or extensions that help enrich the experience of using this website, and which may also use additional cookies, to, for example, monitor how successful each plugin or extension is, or further count the number of times a plugin or extension is used. In this way, those providers can measure the effectiveness of their solutions and make changes to improve their products.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking: "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. This choice will, however, have a negative impact on the usability of many websites, including this one.
Most browser companies provide instructions on disabling cookies on their web sites. The most popular browser companies are listed below:
You can learn more about cookies at AboutCookies.org
The information above is believed to be true at the time of writing and is provided in good faith.